What’s the one thing every professional wants? The answer is better results in less time.
As a digital marketer, you can achieve these things by investing in the proper tools. That’s right, a strong tech stack is one of the best ways to increase your personal productivity and achieve team-wide goals that will help propel your company forward.
Keep reading to learn the top five tools to improve your digital marketing workflow so that you can achieve success as efficiently as possible.
Digital marketing is all about communication.
If you can’t communicate with your team, you won’t be able to craft effective marketing campaigns. And if you can’t communicate with your target audience, you won’t be able to sell many products. Fortunately, CloudApp helps with both internal and external communication.
CloudApp is a visual communication platform that combines screenshot, screen recording, and image annotation features into one intuitive solution.
- Screenshots: CloudApp’s industry-leading screenshot tool will allow you to capture anything on your computer screen with a few clicks of your mouse.
- Screen Recordings: Need more than a screenshot? With CloudApp’s screen recorder tool, you can record your screen, as well as your face via your computer’s webcam.
- Image Annotations: If a picture is worth a thousand words, what’s an annotated picture worth? Clarify your images with arrows, emojis, and text inside CloudApp.
Stop typing long-winded emails that your colleagues don’t want to read. Send them a quick screenshot to illustrate exactly what you mean. Annotate it for added clarity. Then send a quick recording of yourself speaking your mind to ensure you’re on the same page.
You can use CloudApp to communicate with your target audience, too. Use the tool to shoot detailed software demos, add images and GIFs to your blog posts, and more.
The best part about CloudApp is that it’s free to start. Sign up today and supercharge your digital marketing workflow with the world’s leading visual communication platform.
Email marketing may be an “old school” digital marketing channel, but it’s still every bit as effective as it was 10 years ago. Don’t believe me? Try these stats on for size:
- 300+ billion emails are sent and received every day
- 99% of email users check their inboxes on a daily basis
- 49% of consumers want to receive weekly emails from brands.
- Email marketing has an average ROI of 3,600%
- 80% of marketers would rather give up social media than email marketing.
When it comes to email marketing software, MailChimp is a recognized leader because it’s both easy to use and powerful. The platform features more than 100 professionally-designed email templates, advanced automation capabilities, detailed analytics, and more.
MailChimp also integrates with popular tools like WordPress, Shopify, Salesforce, Zendesk, and Stripe, which means it’s designed to fit into your preferred digital marketing workflow.
To crush email marketing with MailChimp, sign up for one of its four plans:
“Free” which will give you access to basic features at no charge, “Essentials” or “Standard” which include additional capabilities for $9.99 – $14.99 a month, or “Premium” which has every professional feature you could ask for and costs $299 a month.
Note: Your total price will depend on the size of your list. The more subscribers you have, the more MalChimp will charge you to use their email marketing platform.
3. Sprout Social
If your business isn’t on social media, do you even have a business?
For a lot of people, the answer is “not really.” The problem is, social media is a HUGE time suck—or at least it used to be… Sprout Social was designed to change that.
Sprout Social is a social media management tool that allows users to plan and publish content to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn from a single dashboard. All you have to do is login, select your desired platform, and schedule your posts. Sprout Social will then publish it for you at the specified time, freeing you up to tackle other business initiatives.
Sprout Social also includes social media engagement, reporting, listening, and employee advocacy tools. Reply to comments, view in-depth analytics reports, uncover trends, and empower your team to become company advocates from inside Sprout Social, too.
Get more done in less time and improve your digital marketing workflow with Sprout Social’s free 30-day trial. If you enjoy using the tool, sign up for the “Standard,” “Professional,” or “Advanced” which range from $89 to $279 a month depending on the features you need access to and whether you sign up for annual or month-to-month billing.
Organic traffic is the Holy Grail of digital marketing, which is why most digital marketers are obsessed with things like on-page SEO, link-building, and content optimization.
Semrush is here to make all of these things easier. For example, you can use Semrush to:
- Audit Your Website: Semrush will scan your website for more than 130 technical and SEO mistakes so that you can fix them and rank higher in Google search results.
- Research Keywords: Want to know which keywords to target? Semrush will help you pinpoint the most valuable keywords based on search volume, difficulty, and more.
- Build Your Backlink Portfolio: The highest ranking sites have deep backlink portfolios. Semrush will help you identify backlink opportunities so you can build yours.
- Design Content Strategies: Content marketing is powerful—if you do it right. Semrush will help you brainstorm content ideas, plan your editorial calendar, and make sure every piece you publish is optimized for SEO.
- Analyze Your Competitors: How do your competitors approach SEO? Semrush will give you insights into their best strategies so that you don’t have to start from scratch.
We won’t lie, Semrush isn’t cheap. But if you’re serious about SEO, content marketing, and organic traffic, you should definitely consider paying $99.95+ a month for access to this tool.
It takes a lot of time to research keywords, optimize web pages, and do all the other things required to drive organic traffic. Semrush will improve your digital marketing workflow by helping you get better results in this area in WAY less time.
- Google Docs: This online word processor is the perfect place to draft blog posts, ebooks and whitepapers, website copy, PPC ads—anything, really. There are two things that make Docs great: first, you can easily access it on any device, which means your content is always within arm’s reach. And second, it’s incredibly easy to collaborate with colleagues in real time, directly from inside the app.
- Google Analytics: If you own a website, you need an analytics tool to help you assess its performance. Who are your visitors, where are they coming from, and how do they interact with your content? When you know the answers to these questions, you can optimize your site for your target audience. Google Analytics is a popular tool that will give you the insights you need to improve your brand’s online footprint.
Craft valuable content in less time and gain a better understanding of your audience with Google Docs and Analytics, two tools you need to improve your digital marketing workflow.
Supercharge Your Digital Marketing Workflow
To achieve better results in less time, you need to improve your digital marketing workflow. The five tools listed above will help you do just that. Give each of them a try to see if they work for you and your team. We’re confident you’ll enjoy your increased productivity!